Obtaining Your Marriage License is an Important Part of your Florida Wedding Plans
The following common questions about marriage licenses will provide you with facts that will help you to understand and comply with Florida laws and requirements:
- Florida Marriage Licenses are issued to both Florida residents and non-residents who will be married in the state of Florida.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and the couple must appear in person to obtain a license.
- A picture-type I.D. with the date of birth must be provided (driver’s license, passport).
- For Florida residents there is a three (3) day waiting period from the date of the marriage license issuance OR to waive the three day waiting period you may choose to attend a premarital class and present a certification of attendance to the marriage clerk at the time of application.
- If only one of the couple is a Florida resident and the Florida resident takes the course, there is no waiting period.
- If both parties are out of state residents, there is no waiting period. 4) If either party was married before, a copy of the final judgment of the divorce or death certificate is required. if you have been divorced within the last two years.
- If you are divorced or widowed, the date of your divorce or date of your spouse’s death must be supplied. If the divorce or spouse’s death occurred within the past 30 days, a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate is required.
Licenses are issued immediately and must be used within sixty (60) days from the “effective date.”
I wanted to send you an email thanking you so much for officiating our ceremony. It was the most beautiful ceremony. I couldn’t have asked for anything else! We absolutely loved it!! We got so many compliments. Chad’s mother said that it was more wonderful than she ever could have expected!! She was worried when we booked someone without meeting them, but it was a perfect fit…Thanks again for making our day so special!!!
–Samantha & Chad
Our Free Gift for Brides is a Must for Planning Your Ultimate Florida Wedding. Get Yours Now!